Thank you Eugenia of Eugenia's (Fabulous) World of Fashion for nominating me for the Kreative Blogger Award. I will gladly and proudly display this logo on my blog.
As most of you know, the rules for accepting this award call for me to tell you seven things that you don’t know about me, after which I may nominate seven other blogs to receive this award.
So, here we go.
1. I'm married to my high school sweetheart whom I've known since I was 12 years old.
2. Even though I've been sewing for more than 20 years and have made bridesmaid dresses, ball gowns, skirts, casual dresses, blankets, you name it, I didn't make my first top until this year. The truth is I never even thought about making tops until browsing the review gallery when I first joined PR.
3. I plan to sew at least 90% of my wardrobe over the next year. The remaiing 10% leaves room for the ocassional layering piece.
4. I am the only family member of my generation that knows how to sew even though my mother and most of my aunts do.
5. When I was younger (read slimmer), I used to be able to sew straight from the envelope.
6. Part of the reason I stopped sewing for so long was because of fit issues when I got older(read heavier) .
7. I will never again let pattern company sizing deter me from my passion for creating fashion.
I too follow the blogs of many who have already received this award, however, I have found a few new talented women who are also very deserving.
'Toya at Stitch and Snitch
Jayme Grace at Sew it Seams
A Sewn Wardrobe
Busy Bee Crafting
I am so thankful to be part of such a supportive sewing community.