Food and Fitness

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What I'm working on

I keep telling myself that I need to switch gears and start at least planning my Fall/Winter sewing but I keep running into reasons to stay in Summer sewing mode the latest of which is the expected 100 degree weather all this week. So. . . to make sure that I will say cool during the week I decided to complete a few pieces that are either already cut out or that should work up quickly so that I can stay cool and fashionable. I'm done with Simplicity 2599 View F (the one the model is wearing without the bow) which I made in a bright yellow broadcloth from Hancock and will review in a future post.



Next I'll finish my second version of McCall's 5893



In this Tropical print ITY Knit.

It's been cut out for weeks now and the bodice is completed I just need to complete the skirt and join the two together.

I am also working on McCall's 5621 View C

in a black cotton waffle pique which has been cut out for months and months but I temporarily lost my sewing mojo over most of the Summer as I had the houseguest from Hell for three months. This promises to be really cute and I have the perfect shoes so I'm really trying to get this finished.

If the weather holds out into next week, I'll finish View C of McCall's 5977



In this satin charmeuse print I got for $2.99 awhile back from fabric.com. I've already started cutting it out so that should serve as added incentive.


This much sewing in a week is quite an ambitious plan for me considering I've got a full caseload and my two boys who love to ask me first for everything even though their very capable dad is right there, but I figure why should I be hot if I can sew. I'll keep you posted on my progress.
What are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment