Food and Fitness

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Burda October 09 - My Picks

I received my October 2009 issue and found a few looks that I like.

Dress 119B - I can see myself wearing this is a lightweight gray wool with tights, a thin knit turtle neck and boots.



Jacket 136 and Skirt 137 - Although I NEVER have occassion to wear a suit, if I ever did, this would be the one I'd want to be seen in. I love the combination of the shawl collar and rounded cut-away detail at the hem of the jacket and skirt. Very stylish.
While on the site, I took a look at the Burda Plus Fashion Autum/Winter 09 offerings and found a few things there that were of interest, enough that I'm contemplating subscribing.


Dress 401 - This dress looks so comfortable and classic but with just the right contemporary touches.




Skirt 408 is fantastic. It's shown in the magazine as part of a holiday cocktail outfit and may very well appear at one of the many holiday parties I usually attend but if the maxi trend holds up, I can also see this made in a more casual fabric for Summer.


Top 417 - I like this top because it's very simple but the layered use of fabrics make it pretty special.

Skirt 423 - Love this! It's made up in suede in the mag but it will likely show up in denim in my wardrobe.
I'm a pretty recent Burda subscriber and have yet to actually sew a Burda pattern likely because of the tracing involved (adds an extra step when I already have so little sewing time) but the clothing is so fashion forward, I feel like I have to collect so that when I do have the time, I can make something from here.
How often do you sew Burda patterns? Did I miss any of your favorites?
Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment