Sunday, September 27, 2009
As most of you know, the rules for accepting this award call for me to tell you seven things that you don’t know about me, after which I may nominate seven other blogs to receive this award.
So, here we go.
1. I'm married to my high school sweetheart whom I've known since I was 12 years old.
2. Even though I've been sewing for more than 20 years and have made bridesmaid dresses, ball gowns, skirts, casual dresses, blankets, you name it, I didn't make my first top until this year. The truth is I never even thought about making tops until browsing the review gallery when I first joined PR.
3. I plan to sew at least 90% of my wardrobe over the next year. The remaiing 10% leaves room for the ocassional layering piece.
4. I am the only family member of my generation that knows how to sew even though my mother and most of my aunts do.
5. When I was younger (read slimmer), I used to be able to sew straight from the envelope.
6. Part of the reason I stopped sewing for so long was because of fit issues when I got older(read heavier) .
7. I will never again let pattern company sizing deter me from my passion for creating fashion.
I too follow the blogs of many who have already received this award, however, I have found a few new talented women who are also very deserving.
'Toya at Stitch and Snitch
Jayme Grace at Sew it Seams
A Sewn Wardrobe
Busy Bee Crafting
I am so thankful to be part of such a supportive sewing community.
Jacket 136 and Skirt 137 - Although I NEVER have occassion to wear a suit, if I ever did, this would be the one I'd want to be seen in. I love the combination of the shawl collar and rounded cut-away detail at the hem of the jacket and skirt. Very stylish.
Dress 401 - This dress looks so comfortable and classic but with just the right contemporary touches.
Top 417 - I like this top because it's very simple but the layered use of fabrics make it pretty special.
Skirt 423 - Love this! It's made up in suede in the mag but it will likely show up in denim in my wardrobe.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Here are a couple of close ups of the ruffle and the rolled hem.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Next I'll finish my second version of McCall's 5893
I am also working on McCall's 5621 View C
in a black cotton waffle pique which has been cut out for months and months but I temporarily lost my sewing mojo over most of the Summer as I had the houseguest from Hell for three months. This promises to be really cute and I have the perfect shoes so I'm really trying to get this finished.
If the weather holds out into next week, I'll finish View C of McCall's 5977
In this satin charmeuse print I got for $2.99 awhile back from fabric.com. I've already started cutting it out so that should serve as added incentive.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
There is great coverage and the straps are adjustable for those of us worried about bra strap issues.