Food and Fitness

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mimi G's Front Slit Maxi



When I first saw this dress on the Stitched9 site I knew I HAD to have something similar.  Since the  dress sold out in less than 10 hours, Mimi G was gracious enough to offer a tutorial for those of us who sew so we could recreate the exact dress. 

 



 Pattern Description: Wrap front, slit front maxi with elasticized waist and fabric belt.

Pattern Sizing: Custom pattern made from tutorial

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Absolutely

Were the instructions easy to follow?  Mimi is such a great teacher, and she doesn't disappoint in this tutorial.  She takes you through each step explaining what she's doing and then sews with you to show you how. 

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  This is one sexy dress.  I love how you get such a sexy dress but are still completely covered.  I also like the twist on the regular maxi patterns of the front slit. Best of all, this dress features a fully lined bodice which makes it a dream to wear.

Fabric Used: I used and ITY I found at fabric.com

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: No alterations needed as you create a custom pattern.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  I would completely recommend this to other sewers of all skill levels and as for sewing it again, I already have my second one cut out.

Conclusion:   This is a great maxi dress, a fast sew and great for beginners and sewers of all levels.  Another Home Run for Mimi G.



6 comments:

  1. I like the black and yellow print, it looks really great on you and you have a lovely smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great custom maxi and it looks great on you! I like that 'show 'em a little leg' pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through MimiG and love your style (through sewing and ready to wear items). I am starting to garment sew and seeing you in this beautiful dress was encouraging. I will be looking over your blog to see what else you have done. Thanks for sharing your world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly,

    You did a great job! Remember I made contact because I was having problems and you wanted me to send you a picture. I never sent the picture because I figured it out after going back and watching the tutorial again. I was over thinking one part, you know how it is, I did finish my dress and love it. I'll send you a picture soon. Again thanks for responding.

    ReplyDelete