Food and Fitness

Monday, May 5, 2014

Patterns and Fabric But Little to No Sewing

I've been buying fabric, all the new patterns and making all sorts of sewing plans but no actual sewing.  I was under the weather and recovering for a couple of weeks and now I'm back at work with a vengeance.  In the midst of all of that I completed a three week training program for a new university I will be teaching at so I have had zero free time.  As it is, I routinely go to be after 2:00 a.m. just to be able to fit in the basics. 

I am working on my Mother's Day look though and if there is time, there will be a new little something for the princess.  Another project I have been working on is trying to finish up some of my UFO's.  I have two that have to be picked apart before they can be finished so I work on those while vegging out in front of the TV at night.  I didn't have the instructions for one and tried to wing it.  Epic.Fail. So I reached out to Vogue Pattern Company and emailed them one night and the next morning the PDF version of the instructions were attached to an e-mail.  Sweet!! But now I have to pick it apart because my steps were out of order.

I do feel like my mojo is revving up though and I hope to have a prolific sewing Summer.

3 comments:

  1. Glad your feeling better. can't wait to see the new and ufos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, I wanted to ask you in cases were you purchase fabric(s) and don't have a project in mind for that fabric, how many yards will you generally purchase. I'm a newbie and plus size and wondered what you would suggest. Also, do you find using the pivot or slash method for FBA work best for your perfect fitting. I would like to thank you in advance for taking the time for any words of wisdom you can impart upon me and know your style is definitely an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I usually buy 3.5 or 4 yards in case I want to make a maxi dress. I use both methods to do an FBA depending on the lines of the pattern.

      Delete