Food and Fitness

Sunday, April 29, 2012

M6559


Seriously this is the easiest thing I've made . . . EVER. Two pieces, side and shoulder seams, hem, done. Hello my new favorite summer dress. I will be making this A LOT.

Pattern Description: MISSES'UNLINED JACKETS AND DRESSES: Close-fitting, unlined jacket in 2 lengths has front extending into single-layer tie ends(wrong side shows). Very close-fitting, pullover dresses. E and F: front seam detail, bias upper/middle fronts, and lower front/back (cut on crosswise grain of fabric. All have narrow hems.

Pattern Sizing: A5(6-8-10-12-14),E5(14-16-18-20-22)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? I think so.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Especially easy.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? As you may notice, this pattern is very similar to the uber popular Mission Maxi pattern. I have had that pattern for some time but I hadn't made it because I need a special bra for the racer back. The thing I like about this pattern is no special bra needed. I'm not sure if it was my fabric or if you might just need to raise the shoulders for modesty. As you can see, the women (they haven't been girls in a VERY long time) are struggling to get out.

Fabric Used: A knit of unknown content

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: The words "close fitting" in the description had me running scared so I added an inch to the side seam when cutting it out which resulted in adding 4 inches to the final garment. Bad idea.. I ended up taking all of the extra ease back out.



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I will definitely be making this several more times and I would recommend this to others.

Conclusion: This is my new favorite summer dress and I see so many of these in my future. Love it!!!!!


28 comments:

  1. Great dress - LOVE your fabric. Might just have to buy this pattern now! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely,lovely dress. It looks so pretty and the fact that it's easy is a bonus. I will be looking at this pattern. Thank you for reviewing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up about the ease. Taking out the extra definitely looks better. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice dress!! Fabric is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I absolutely love that fabric! If I had a sun dress pattern that easy and cute, I would make it a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myra, I was a bit iffy on the fabric but it was dirt cheap so I bought it in two colorways. Looks like it worked out.

      Delete
  6. Lovely and looks so comfy to wear which is essential for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dress! I just made this the other day and I could NOT agree with you more lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I can't wait to see yours. I made a maxi skirt too, I'll take pics when I wear it tomorrow.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks. I thought about you when I was making this. I think it would look great on you.

      Delete
  9. Yeah this is definitely on my to do list. The fabric is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute dress and I am just loving the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great dress I love the fabric you have chosen. It looks fab with your denim jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful dress! I really love how you have styled it with the denim jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic dress! You pick the most vibrant prints and they look great on you. I'll be getting this pattern.

    ReplyDelete