Food and Fitness

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

M6204 - She's Done


I started work on this top a year ago as part of Faye's Starting at the Top challenge 2011. I didn't finish it then but I was determined to finish for the 2012 challenge. That didn't happen. (15 days goes by quick when you live in a zoo have three small children. Since it was 80 degrees on Friday and 93 degrees on Saturday, finishing this on Monday was right on time, only problem is there was a 20 degree drop in the weather and it's supposed to RAIN tomorrow! Oh well, I guess I'll be ready for the next heat wave. I will update the pictures once I get to wear it.


Pattern Description: MISSES' AND WOMEN'S TUNICS: Loose fitting, pullover tunics A, B have extended shoulders and stitched hems; tunic A has short sleeves on right side, left side drapes, angled hem, optional purchased jewel appliques, wrong side of fabric shows; tunic B has shirt tail hem, purchased jewel stones.

Pattern Sizing: B5(8-10-12-14-16), RR(18W-20W-22W-24W)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Definitely

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions were definitely easy to follow. So much so that half way through I lost them and had no problem finishing up this top.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love that it feels both pretty and feminine yet on trend.

Fabric Used: I used a poly charmeuse that I had been coveting since I saw it used here.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: No changes necessary.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Not sure if I would sew again but I won't rule it out. I'd definitely recommend to others.

Conclusion: An easy, quick (for people who can sew continuously, not so much for me as it was a UFO from nearly a year ago) top that is pretty and fun.

8 comments:

  1. Love the fabric. Now I just need to see you modeling it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have worn it today but it was STORMING out today. It's supposed to be 80 on Friday so hopefully I'll get to sport it then.

      Delete
  2. Very nice. I'm going to have to like this on pattern review for later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll get lots of wear out of this. I'll look forward to your review.

      Delete
  3. Love the fabric, really nice. I can relate to starting a garment and then having to pick it up several weeks (or months later) because life got in the way. I have a coat pattern all cut out and sitting on the shelf for a few months now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A coat . . . I haven't even attempted that because I think it will be so involved it would never get done.

      Delete
  4. Sweet! How in the world did you manage to find the same fabric??? That's too cool! Great job and I can't wait to see it on you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was incredibly lucky and I was going to JoAnn's and Hancock's regularly

      Delete