Food and Fitness

Friday, August 30, 2013

McCalls 6752




This was before I broke out my walking foot so the pattern match is not exact but this is the last time that will happen.


 



This little girl is my heart and one day she will kill me for posting these pictures. LOL!



 Pattern Description:   MISSES' TOPS AND DRESSES: Pullover tops and dresses have neckline variations, and elasticized (seamed) waist. A: lower left side gathers and exposed zipper. A and B: loose-fitting . C: elasticized side seams on lower section. C and D: very loose-fitting, gathered (bias front) bodice. B and D: semi-fitted skirt. Stitched hem A, C and sleeves B. Narrow hem back neckline A, B and neckline/armholes C and D.

Pattern Sizing:  Combinations: A5(6-8-10-12-14),E5(14-16-18-20-22)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow? This pattern is so easy to make I only checked the instructions for the front draped neck detail.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I loved how easy this went together, there are only 3 pattern pieces, what's not to love about that?  Dislike:  This dress is SHORT.  I'm only 5'4" and usually have to shorten everything.  I added 1" to the hem of this dress because I had heard that it was a little short and it still wasn't enough.  I could easily be comfortable with 2 more inches.

Fabric Used: A Missoni-esque ITY knit from Fabric.com.  This fabric has been in my stash for awhile but I like this one and this one

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I didn't have to make a FBA which was pretty cool.  I added 1" to the hem and a 1/2" to the skirt front and back for a total of 1".  If I made it again, I would probably add a smidge more to the mid-section for a little extra wearing ease.  I also made a fabric belt to cover the elastic and add a little more interest.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  I could see myself making this again but not until next year.

Conclusion:   This is a great pattern, easy to sew, easy to wear and can be dressed up or down.

13 comments:

  1. you look beautiful, great dress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the style, the fabric, the length, your hair, your baby girl...everything! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Kelly, and your baby girl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress and your daughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is so pretty - looks fantastic. I think the shorter length looks nice on you. She is just a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress and the fabric is great on you. The pictures with your daughter are adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about your dress and your daughter is precious. I also take note of the patterns you have sewn as they always look so nice on you and they inspire me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic dress and print--and love those pix of you and your daughter--so precious!!

    ReplyDelete