Food and Fitness

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Butterick 5645 Weekend Wear



I love to dress up.  But when I'm not dressed up, I still like to look pulled together.  Here's my twist on jeans and a T-shirt.  This shirt is soooo comfortable and it wore very well.  Sometimes I have trouble with tops like this because of my sloping shoulders but not with this one.


 

Pattern Description: MISSES' TOPS: Close-fitting.

Pattern Sizing: Combinations: Y(XS-S-M), ZZ(L-XL-XXL)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? I think so.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't need them but I read over them and they were good.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I like this modern spin on the basic "T-shirt".  Split sleeve, draped neckline and elastic waist.

Fabric Used: Bamboo Knit

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: No design changes.  The pattern does have a lot of ease so I cut according to the flat pattern measurements rather than the size indicated on the pattern to get the fit I wanted.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I would definitely recommend this to others. I may make this again in the future but I have lots of others I want to try.

Conclusion:   Definitely and easy and versatile pattern.  Great for beginners.


 
 









10 comments:

  1. Great color and pattern! Thanks for sharing--I've been on the lookout for a cowl neck pattern. This looks easy to sew but spectacular to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blouse. love the color and styling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great on you - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good Kelly. This is one I want to try as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new top! Bamboo knit? Amazing. Great colour on you. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete