Food and Fitness

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Mimi G off the Shoulder Maxi


I've been trying to get ahead of the Spring and Summer sewing game. It tends to be my busiest time of the year for sewing and for personal and family commitments so I thought I'd start now. 

I've made this dress before here and it went together very quickly so I though I'd use the simple design to show off this great fabric I picked up a while ago from Fabric Mart Fabrics for $1.99 a yard.


Check out that pattern matching.  Never again will I try to match a pattern without a walking foot.


I didn't line the dress because a while back I made a long half slip out of a lightweight knit to wear under my thinner knit maxi dresses.  It hasn't been warm enough to wear it yet so for now it will just hang in the closet waiting for nice weather. I'll add pictures of me wearing the dress when the weather warms up.


2 comments:

  1. I like that dress. And you did an awesome job matching those stripes. I'm a coward when it comes to patterned fabric. I'm still buying solid colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, great pattern matching. Can't wait to see you wear and how you style this beauty.

    ReplyDelete