Food and Fitness

Saturday, February 15, 2014

M6209

I try to make something red to wear every year for Valentine's Day and most years I don't make it.  So this year I started a little earlier and since we're in the middle of a cold front decided to make an outerwear piece instead of a dress that I wouldn't want to wear because it's too cold.  I bought this pattern at the end of Winter 2013 but didn't get to it in time.  As I've mentioned before, I'm much more of a Spring and Summer sewer rather than Fall/Winter even though I am trying to change that. 


I wanted to make view E because I liked the idea of the cowl neck and I liked that the front is closed but I wasn't crazy about the idea of swimming in all that fabric and with such a full bust I could imagine it looking like a tent so I incorporated the button hole openings and belt from view A and I think it worked well to provide some shaping to the poncho.  

 






Pattern Description:   MISSES' PONCHO AND BELT: Oversized ponchos A, B, C, D, E have topstitch trim and shaped hemline; poncho A has belt; ponchos B, C have collar with tie ends; poncho D has hood and fringe trim; poncho E has collar.

Pattern Sizing: Y(X-Small, Small, Medium), ZZ(Large, X-Large, XX-Large).  I made the X-Large and could have easily made the Large

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Sort of I added an element from View A to View C but it definitely looks like a close relative.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Super easy instructions, didn't really need them.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I like the style and that it is an easy outerwear piece.

Fabric Used:  Light weight wool

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:   I incorporated the button hole openings and belt from view A to view C to provide some shaping.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  I would definitely recommend this piece to others.  I might sew it again next year if I find a nice boucle print that I like but I'm really itching to start my Spring/Summer sewing.

Conclusion:   This is a great little outerwear piece. The pattern has nice options and is very versatile. 

8 comments:

  1. You are a cutie patudie!! Love the Poncho!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really liking the combo of cowl with the belt. It it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit and I love those shoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and just the right color. You nailed it with the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and you should buy those shoes in every size! I would certainly buy them - thanks for making us "curvy" girls look good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cowl with the belt is a great combo. And it's cool that you try to sew something red for Valentine's every year. What a great tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your sense of style, colour, attitude is tops

    ReplyDelete