Food and Fitness

Thursday, January 9, 2014

M6844


Generally speaking, I buy fabric that I like with little to no idea of what it will eventually become.  However every once in a while, I will see a piece of fabric and know instantly what it was meant to be.  That is the story with this piece.  On a trip to JoAnn's I saw this fabric and instantly knew it would become this cute little peplum cardi. 



I've paired my cardi with these coated rock star jeans from Old Navy.  The coated variety only come in Black and Wine but they do come in lots of other colors Here and I love the fit.



Pattern Description:   MISSES'/MISS PETITE CARDIGANS: Close-fitting cardigans (do not meet at center front) have collar extending into front band, and narrow hem. A and C: shaped hemline, wrong side shows.

Pattern Sizing: Combinations: Y(XSmall-Small-Medium), ZZ(Large-XLarge-XXLarge)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? I think so

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions were easy to follow.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? The pattern layout is TIGHT.  Did I say the layout is tight?  I would advise buying a little more fabric than they suggest.  I appreciate the effort at economy but I'd rather not be stressed out worrying that I have enough fabric.

Fabric Used: I used a sweater knit I picked up at JoAnn's

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I sewed as is.  No alterations necessary.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I could definitely make this again although I have no current plans.

Conclusion:   This is a very versatile piece that can be used to build your wardrobe.  




Can I just tell you how much I LOVE these shoes.  I'm a sucker for a great oxford and these babies from 9 West do not disappoint. I got these at the beginning of Fall and they have been completely sold out on the 9 West site for months but they are available Here


Here's a closer look at the fabric and you can just see the metallic threads between the dots.

11 comments:

  1. I love love love this outfit on you - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cardigan really looks great on you Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice fabric choice. I've been seeing this cardigan on other blogs, yours looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great, rocking that outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. I probably won't sew my fabric like this until later this year lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I love and i am planning on making this cardi. Girl you rock! I just read your bio and see that you have 5 kids. I been complaining because work full-time as a pharmacist and have 1 kid. i complain that i don't get enough time for me to sew. Now that u have put me to shame, i will shut up lol! Thanks for sharing and all the great inspiration. You are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ms. Kelly, I did not know you had a blog!!!! I see you on Mimi G when you do the pattern reviews and I always forward my emails to my girls!!! I forwarded the email from Mimi G today and one of my girlfriends is a plus size diva, I call her a stallion, and her comment when she saw the dress was that she didn't think it would like right because of her size. I went back to the website to see if I could find your pattern reviews and pics, but I can't access the pics from work. I clicked on your name and here I am!!! I know she is going to be so encouraged when she sees the fashions that you have created and to see you rock them with confidence will hopefully help her overcome that self consciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came across your blog from the maxi dress post on mimi g. just wanted to take a moment to tell you that cardi looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete