Food and Fitness

Sunday, August 19, 2012

M6559 Version 4

Here is Version 4 of M6559. When I originally made this dress. I used black fold over elastic around the neck and arm openings but I.HATED.IT. I wore it once but then it promptly went on the shelf and out of the rotation. I didn't want to pick out all of that stitching so I just cut of the elastic and now I'm back in the game. This is again made from the trendy knit from FabricMart (needless to say I cleaned up during that sale)


Just because, I've included a pic of me and the hubby (isn't he the cutest!). I didn''t make this dress, it's one of my steal of a deal dresses from Old Navy.




15 comments:

  1. You are BOTH look cute. Love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your 4th version just like others. Cute couple

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gradation of blues and greens in the new dress. Love your couples shot too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress! Aw, we get to see honie!! You both are a great looking couple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on cutting off the binding...I'll have to remember to use that idea! Yep you're right, he's a cutie! But cute attracts cute, right? You're a little hottie too! Love the color of the Old Navy dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great SAVE!!! You and the hubby look so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good save on the maxi dress. You look lovely in your dress. You both make for a handsome couple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love to hear about other people's sewing frustrations! I have done that many times - got sick of something and threw it aside. How did you finish the edges of the dress after you cut the elastic off?
    You guys are definitely a cute couple! Radiating love. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fredette. I just folded over the edges and stitched them down with my twin needle which is what the pattern originally called for but I was trying to get all fancy.

      Delete